April 27, 2010

Birthday Bash Stamp-a-Stack

Stamp-a-stack classes are one of my favorite classes to have. Although I stress about which cards to make, I am always proud of the final choices. For me, showing customers different folds or techniques is the best part. I don't want anyone going home and feeling as if all their cards look the same.

Card #1:
I always try to have at least one, unique fold in each class. I was inspired by THIS CARD. Visit Jessica's blog to see how to score and create this fun fold card.
Stamp set: Party Hearty
Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Certainly Celery, Real Red
Ink: Same as above
Accessories: 5/8" Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon, Various Punches
Card #2:
It's difficult for me to create a "manly" card unless I have a true "manly" stamp set. I do not own any of those, so I have to figure out an alternative. When I saw a card on my friend's blog, I knew it would be the card for this class! Of course, I never, ever have the exact stamp sets that others use, so I have to put my own unique spin on the card I make up. This is my card...
Stamp Sets: Inspired by Nature, Curvy Verses
Paper: Always Artichoke, More Mustard, Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Always Artichoke, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: 5/8" Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, Slot Punch

Card #3:
This is a card that I've recycled a few times because (1) it is easy and (2) I probably had ALOT of extra cardstock cut.
Stamp Sets: True Friend, Celebrate Everything
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Tempting Turquoise, Confetti White, Vellum
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Rose Red, Tempting Turquoise, Always Artichoke
Accessories: Silver Brads

Card #4:
Alot of times, I fall into the trap of cutting & scoring cardstock and keeping that square, boxey look. Even though this card can be categorized like that, I think by using the scallop punch a different look was created. The In Colors are beautiful, girly colors so I used them to make up a great card to be given to a girlfriend, mother, or sister.
Stamp set: Fifth Avenue Floral
Paper: Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry, Rich Razzleberry, WW
Ink: Same as above
Accessories: Crushed Curry Polka Dot ribbon, Scallop Punch

Card #5:
Why re-invent the wheel for your classes? Back in November I needed some birthday cards, so using the Animal Stories stamp set, I made THESE CARDS. For this stamp-a-stack, I CASE'd my own examples for the last of the five cards made.

No comments: